Info-Work: Inspection of Hogs Back Dam
Rideau Canal National Historic Site
Smiths Falls (Ontario), January 19, 2018 – Investigative work on the Hogs Back Dam, along the Rideau Canal National Historic Site in Ottawa, will be conducted throughout the week of January 22-26 between 9:00 a.m.
and 5:00 p.m.
A contractor will be onsite to complete visual inspections of the dam deck, piers, and abutments, while suspended from harnesses and rigging. This approach allows the contractor the flexibility to move freely beneath the dam deck to perform the inspections. During the inspections, the dam deck will be closed to pedestrians to maintain safety for both the contractor and public.
This work is being conducted to determine the condition of the existing concrete structures and to inform the designs for future concrete repair work at this site, expected to occur this year.
The repair of the Hogs Back Dam is part of Parks Canada’s unprecedented $3 billion investment, over 5 years, to support infrastructure work to heritage, visitor, waterway, and highway assets located within national historic sites, national parks, and national marine conservation areas across Canada.
For up-to-date news on infrastructure work, please visit www.pc.gc.ca/rcInfrastructure or e-mail RideauCanal.email@example.com to be added to our community engagement list.
Public Relations and Communications Officer
613-283-7199, extension 202
- Info-Work: Temporary One Lane Closure on Hogs Back Fixed...
- Info-Work: Intermittent Delays for Vehicles on Hog’s Back...
- Community Update: Hogs Back Fixed Bridge Project Update
- Info-Work: Closure of Hogs Back Fixed Bridge Beginning on...
- Info-Work: Hogs Back Dam and Fixed Bridge Rehabilitation
- Info-Work: Impact on Rideau Canal Waterway
- Community Update: Construction Update
- Community Update: Phase One Concrete Repairs Underway
- Community Update: Cofferdam to be installed
- Community Update: Construction to Begin
- Info-Work: Temporary Closure Pedestrian Walkway
- Info Work- Temporary Closure
- Date modified :