Construction Advisory: Hogs Back Fixed Bridge
Rideau Canal National Historic Site
OTTAWA, ON – September 15, 2023 – Parks Canada advises the public of a temporary lane closure of the Hogs Back Fixed Bridge on Hog’s Back Road in Ottawa from September 20–24, 2023, during the following hours:
- September 20–22: Evening hours, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., to facilitate maintenance work at the east end of the bridge.
- September 23–24: Daytime hours, 7:00 a.m. – Dusk, for paving and road work.
The Hogs Back Fixed Bridge crosses the Rideau River at the Hogs Back Dam. For the duration of the work, traffic will be controlled in both directions by flaggers on Hog’s Back Road, between Colonel By Drive and Riverside Drive East. The pedestrian sidewalk and bike lane on the fixed bridge will remain open. Hogs Back Swing Bridge located west of Hogs Back Locks will remain operational to allow traffic circulation between Colonel By Drive and Prince of Wales Drive.
The closest detour for vehicles is at Heron Road, about 700 metres to the north.
Boat navigation on the Rideau Canal will not be impacted by this closure.
We thank residents and visitors for your understanding and patience. Please exercise caution, respect work crews and equipment, and obey signage in the area.
Parks Canada is leading this important infrastructure work to ensure safe, high-quality experiences for visitors by improving heritage, visitor, waterway, and highway assets located within national historic sites, national parks, and national marine conservation areas, including investments in the Rideau Canal National Historic Site in Ottawa.
For questions or concerns, or to receive email updates regarding this project, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Hogs Back Fixed Bridge” in the subject heading.
- Info-Work: Temporary One Lane Closure on Hogs Back Fixed...
- Info-Work: Intermittent Delays for Vehicles on Hog’s Back...
- Community Update: Hogs Back Fixed Bridge Project Update
- Info-Work: Closure of Hogs Back Fixed Bridge Beginning on...
- Info-Work: Hogs Back Dam and Fixed Bridge Rehabilitation
- Info-Work: Impact on Rideau Canal Waterway
- Community Update: Construction Update
- Community Update: Phase One Concrete Repairs Underway
- Community Update: Cofferdam to be installed
- Community Update: Construction to Begin
- Info-Work: Temporary Closure Pedestrian Walkway
- Info Work- Temporary Closure
- Info-Work: Inspection of Hogs Back Dam
- Date modified :