Info-Work: Intermittent Delays for Vehicles on Hog’s Back Road
Rideau Canal National Historic Site
May 7, 2021, Ottawa, ON –Vehicle traffic on Hog’s Back Road can expect intermittent delays throughout the month of May during off-peak hours as contractors are onsite to complete work on the Parks Canada Hogs Back Fixed Bridge. Shoulder area reinstatement and landscaping work will require a lane reduction in the westbound lane. Traffic control will be in place. Please exercise caution, respect working crews and equipment, and obey signage and flag persons in the area. Parks Canada apologizes for the inconvenience of these delays. We appreciate your patience while we undertake these important investments into the waterway infrastructure in Ottawa.
The Hogs Back Dam and Fixed Bridge rehabilitation project is part of the Government of Canada’s Federal Infrastructure Investment program. Parks Canada is leading this important infrastructure work to ensure safe, high-quality experiences for visitors by improving heritage, visitor, waterway, and highway assets located within national historic sites, national parks, and national marine conservation areas. To learn more about Parks Canada’s infrastructure work in this region, please visit www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/on/rideau/visit/infrastructure/ottawa.
- Info-Work: Temporary One Lane Closure on Hogs Back Fixed...
- Community Update: Hogs Back Fixed Bridge Project Update
- Info-Work: Closure of Hogs Back Fixed Bridge Beginning on...
- Info-Work: Hogs Back Dam and Fixed Bridge Rehabilitation
- Info-Work: Impact on Rideau Canal Waterway
- Community Update: Construction Update
- Community Update: Phase One Concrete Repairs Underway
- Community Update: Cofferdam to be installed
- Community Update: Construction to Begin
- Info-Work: Temporary Closure Pedestrian Walkway
- Info Work- Temporary Closure
- Info-Work: Inspection of Hogs Back Dam
- Date modified :