Info-Work: Temporary Closure Pedestrian Walkway
Rideau Canal National Historic Site
Smiths Falls, Ontario, February 28, 2018 – Due to ice impeding inspections on Hogs Back Dam, geotechnical work that was planned for Monday, February 26th has been moved to Thursday, March 1st or Friday, March 2nd depending on weather. Work will be done between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., during which time the walkway across the dam deck will be closed. During the closure, pedestrians will be able to cross the Rideau Canal by using the nearby Hogs Back Bridge.
The inspections at Hogs Back Dam will include the drilling of four small core holes into the pathway and piers of the dam. This work will provide further information on the condition of the existing concrete and will be used to plan future concrete repair work on the dam.
This project is part of Parks Canada’s unprecedented $3 billion investment over 5 years to support infrastructure work to heritage, visitor, waterway, and highway assets located within national historic sites, national parks, and national marine conservation areas across Canada.
For up-to-date news on infrastructure work, please visit www.pc.gc.ca/rcInfrastructure or e-mail RideauCanal.firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our community engagement list.
Public Relations and Communications Officer
613-283-7199, extension 202
- Info-Work: Temporary One Lane Closure on Hogs Back Fixed...
- Info-Work: Intermittent Delays for Vehicles on Hog’s Back...
- Community Update: Hogs Back Fixed Bridge Project Update
- Info-Work: Closure of Hogs Back Fixed Bridge Beginning on...
- Info-Work: Hogs Back Dam and Fixed Bridge Rehabilitation
- Info-Work: Impact on Rideau Canal Waterway
- Community Update: Construction Update
- Community Update: Phase One Concrete Repairs Underway
- Community Update: Cofferdam to be installed
- Community Update: Construction to Begin
- Info Work- Temporary Closure
- Info-Work: Inspection of Hogs Back Dam
- Date modified :