Community Update: Construction Update
Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site
Parks Canada’s construction projects on the Trent-Severn Waterway are considered part of the Agency’s critical services to the public and are currently proceeding. We will continue to communicate promptly if there are any changes in project status or schedule that impact the public.
April 8 2020 – Concrete removal is now complete on the eastern bridge abutment at Couchiching Lock 42, and demolition of the western bridge abutment is ongoing. The fixed bridge that crossed the Trent-Severn Waterway on Canal Road near Washago is in the process of being fully replaced. At the end of the month, contractors are set to begin
the installation of rebar and forming in preparation for the concrete pour of the bridge wing walls and abutments.
What to Expect
- Residents can expect construction noise related to concrete removal and heavy trucking.
- The bridge atop Lock 42 is currently projected to open to vehicular traffic early summer 2020.
For questions or concerns, or to receive email updates regarding this project, please contact us at Ont.TrentSevern@pc.gc.ca and include “Couchiching Bridge” in the subject heading. For news about this or other infrastructure projects in your area, please visit www.parkscanada.gc.ca/tswseverngravenhurst.
- Whites Portage Dam Replacement Construction Update
- Reminder: Extended Lane Closure of Port Severn Road North
- Questions & Answers - Whites Portage Dam
- Whites Portage Dam Replacement - Public Comment Period for...
- Info-Work: Temporary Closure for Paving
- Info-Work: Fixed Bridge at Couchiching Lock 42 Open to...
- Community Update: Construction Update
- Hamlet Bridge to Close Overnight for Repair
- Community Update: Couchiching Fixed Bridge at Lock 42 ...
- Info-work: Whites Portage Dam Rehabilitation
- Info-Work: Bridge Replacement: Washago at Couchiching Lock...
- Info-Work: Road Closure to Replace Bridge: Washago at...
- Info-Work: Temporary Road Closure: Washago at Couchiching...
- Info-Work: Geotechnical Work at Couchiching Lock 42
- Hamlet Bridge 57 Replacement
- Rehabilitation of Port Severn Area Dams and Bridges
- Date modified :