Best times to visit
Prince Edward Island National Park
We want to ensure that your time with us in PEI National Park is both safe and enjoyable. Since there are a limited number of facilities, we recommend that you plan ahead.
When is PEI National Park busiest?
PEI National Park, Green Gables Heritage Place and national historic sites in PEI are busiest during the peak season of July and August.
These holidays and weekends are especially busy:
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day (July 1st)
- Cavendish Beach Music Festival (July 6-9)
- Civic Holiday (August 1st)
- Labour Day (first Monday in September)
Avoid Peak Hours
During the summer, the days are busiest between 11:00am and 3:00pm. If you want to avoid large crowds, your best bet is to come before or after those hours. If you do come on a busy day, please be patient – we will do our very best to manage all of the excitement on site!
Consider planning your visit in the shoulder season. June and September are often excellent times to visit, especially if you like a quieter atmosphere.
Park Entrances and Parking
In some areas of PEI National Park and at Green Gables Heritage Place, we anticipate an increase in visitors which may result in limited parking availability.
You can avoid parking woes this season with PEI Now, our online parking tool. Go to pc.gc.ca/peinow to see current parking conditions.
When parking lots are full, please remember:
- No illegal parking
- Do not wait for spots to open. Instead, move on and try again later
- Never park on vegetation or in a manner that blocks traffic
- Leave enough room for emergency vehicles to move easily
- Leave enough room for RVs and buses to maneuver
- Parking for oversize vehicles (RVs, trailers), is extremely limited. Leave oversized vehicles in town, or in the visitor center parking lot, if possible
- Follow instructions from park staff and traffic flaggers
- If visitor safety risks are presented, vehicles will be towed
To stay “in the loop” when it comes to what’s happening at PEI National Park, sign up for BamAlert notices about special events, activities, updates and more. Text “OPT IN” to 902-200-4499 and we’ll make sure you’re the first to know when there’s news! If you ever wish to stop receiving alerts, simply text “OPT OUT”.
- Hours of operation
- Winter visitation
- Cavendish-North Rustico
- Prince Edward Island Now: Park Updates
- Maps, guides and brochures
- Pass information for accommodation providers
- Visitor guidelines
- Accessible facilities
- You and your dog
- Getting here
- Cavendish Grove
- Robinsons Island
- Date modified :