Info Work: Temporary Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge (On Glen Ross Road)
Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site
Peterborough, Ontario, November 22, 2017 – Beginning on Monday, December 4, 2017, the Glen Ross Swing Bridge will be closed to facilitate repairs to the bridge and lock. The contractor will begin mobilizing to site next week to prepare for the closure. The bridge is scheduled to reopen in late-spring 2018 when these essential repairs are complete.
A pedestrian bridge will be installed prior to ensure foot traffic across the waterway is maintained throughout the duration of the bridge closure. Additionally, a small parking lot will be provided on the north side of the bridge to assist commuters. This provides the option of leaving a car north of the bridge and walking to the parking lot or being dropped to the lot instead of driving the detour. Vehicular detour routes and information is provided in the attached map.
Parks Canada would like to thank the community for their cooperation and understanding as we complete this important infrastructure work. These historic investments will mitigate health and safety risks, protect nationally significant built heritage, and stimulate the economy in the community.
For up-to-date news on infrastructure work along the Trent-Severn Waterway, please visit our website: www.pc.gc.ca/tswInfrastructure. If you would like to be added to our community engagement list and receive updates on this project, please e-mail Ont.Trentsevern@pc.gc.ca and include “Glen Ross Swing Bridge” in the subject heading.
Communications and Public Relations Officer
- Community Update: Glen Ross Swing Bridge Commissioning
- Community Update: Glen Ross Swing Bridge Now Open
- Community Update: Update on Construction
- Community Update: Bridge to be shifted into place
- Info-Work: NO ACCESS TO GLEN ROSS ROAD PARKING LOT ON...
- Community Update: Work on the Swing Bridge to Continue into...
- Community Bulletin: Work on the Swing Bridge Progressing
- Info-Work: Glen Ross Swing Bridge and Lock 7 Rehabilitation
- Community Bulletin: Work is Ongoing
- Community Update: Work Progressing Well
- Update: Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge (On Glen Ross...
- Info Work: Temporary Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge
- Community Update: Construction Contract Awarded
- Community Update: Out to Tender
- Community Update: Update on Project Status
- Date modified :