Community Update: Construction Contract Awarded
Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site
October 30, 2017 – The construction contract has now been awarded for the Glen Ross Swing Bridge and Lock 7 rehabilitation project. Facca Inc., the awarded contractor, is in the process of submitting important environmental and emergency plans for site management. Once these plans are received and reviewed by Parks Canada, a firm road closure date will be publicized. The current estimated timeline for project start-up on-site is mid-November 2017.
Once the swing bridge is closed, a pedestrian bridge will be installed to ensure foot traffic across the waterway is maintained throughout the duration of the bridge closure. Additionally, a small parking lot will be provided on the north side of the bridge for those that need to travel north of the bridge frequently. This provides the option of leaving your car north of the bridge and walking to the parking lot or being dropped to the lot instead of driving the detour. A detour map is provided below.
Parks Canada would like to thank the community for their patience as we begin this important infrastructure project. These historic investments will mitigate health and safety risks, halt the loss of nationally significant built heritage and stimulate the economy in communities across the country.
For More Information:For up-to-date news about Parks Canada infrastructure work in this area, please visit www.pc.gc.ca/TSWQuinteWest. If you have any questions about the Glen Ross Swing Bridge, or if you would like to receive email updates about this project, please email us at: Ont.TrentSevern@pc.gc.ca and include “Glen Ross Swing Bridge” in the subject heading.
- Community Update: Glen Ross Swing Bridge Commissioning
- Community Update: Glen Ross Swing Bridge Now Open
- Community Update: Update on Construction
- Community Update: Bridge to be shifted into place
- Info-Work: NO ACCESS TO GLEN ROSS ROAD PARKING LOT ON...
- Community Update: Work on the Swing Bridge to Continue into...
- Community Bulletin: Work on the Swing Bridge Progressing
- Info-Work: Glen Ross Swing Bridge and Lock 7 Rehabilitation
- Community Bulletin: Work is Ongoing
- Community Update: Work Progressing Well
- Update: Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge (On Glen Ross...
- Info Work: Temporary Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge (On...
- Info Work: Temporary Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge
- Community Update: Out to Tender
- Community Update: Update on Project Status
- Date modified :