Community Update: Out to Tender
Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site
September 29, 2017 –The Glen Ross Swing Bridge and Lock 7 rehabilitation project is out to tender with a closing date currently scheduled for October 5th, 2017. Once a contractor has been selected, a work schedule will be created and communicated to the public. Parks Canada could begin work as early as late October 2017.
The Glen Ross project will begin with repairs to the swing bridge. The swing bridge will be removed from site to undergo both structural and mechanical repairs at a shop. In order to complete these repairs, Glen Ross Road will be closed to vehicular traffic at the Glen Ross Lock 7 Swing Bridge as early as late October 2017 to late spring 2018.
A pedestrian bridge will be installed to ensure foot traffic across the waterway is maintained throughout the duration of the bridge closure. Additionally, a small parking lot will be provided on the north side of the bridge for those that need to travel north of the bridge frequently. This provides the option of leaving your car north of the bridge and walking to the parking lot or being dropped to the lot instead of driving the detour. Alternately, a detour map is provided below.
Additional repairs will be completed on the lock chamber walls and sluice tunnels, as well, the water level control valves will receive upgrades. Parks Canada will share more precise updates after the contract has been awarded, and a project schedule has been created. Navigation will not be affected by the bridge repairs.
Parks Canada would like to thank the community for their cooperation and understanding as we complete this important infrastructure work. These historic investments will mitigate health and safety risks, halt the loss of nationally significant built heritage and stimulate the economy in communities across the country.
For More Information:For up-to-date news about Parks Canada infrastructure work in this area, please visit www.pc.gc.ca/TSWQuinteWest. If you have any questions about the Glen Ross Swing Bridge, or if you would like to receive email updates about this project, please email us at: Ont.TrentSevern@pc.gc.ca and include “Glen Ross Swing Bridge” in the subject heading.
- Community Update: Glen Ross Swing Bridge Commissioning
- Community Update: Glen Ross Swing Bridge Now Open
- Community Update: Update on Construction
- Community Update: Bridge to be shifted into place
- Info-Work: NO ACCESS TO GLEN ROSS ROAD PARKING LOT ON...
- Community Update: Work on the Swing Bridge to Continue into...
- Community Bulletin: Work on the Swing Bridge Progressing
- Info-Work: Glen Ross Swing Bridge and Lock 7 Rehabilitation
- Community Bulletin: Work is Ongoing
- Community Update: Work Progressing Well
- Update: Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge (On Glen Ross...
- Info Work: Temporary Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge (On...
- Info Work: Temporary Closure of Glen Ross Swing Bridge
- Community Update: Construction Contract Awarded
- Community Update: Update on Project Status
- Date modified :