Salt River Day Use Area
Wood Buffalo National Park
Nearby hiking trails, a large community fire pit and stunning scenic views of the Salt River, make this the perfect spot for a group or family gathering.
Salt River Day Use Area is 24 km south of Fort Smith, NT.
Our favourite things to do here:
- Hike one of the nearby trails
- Take a rest and catch up with friends in the Dëldël Kué Day Use Shelter
- Watch the red-sided garter snakes emerge in late April/early May
- Play family-friendly games like volleyball, frisbee, football or ladder toss in large open areas
- Stargazing and aurora viewing
The Salt River Day Use Area features:
- Flushable outhouses
- The Dëldël Kué Day Use Shelter with wood stove
- Community fire pit
- Picnic tables and fire pits
- Date modified :