Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve
When Nature beckons…
For a unique encounter with nature at your own pace, stop in on one of the islands of the archipelago for some wilderness camping.
The Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve offers 36 campgrounds spread over six different islands. The campsites are undeveloped, so that visitors can enjoy the full peace and fascination of the wilderness.
|Campgrounds||Number of sites|
|Havre au Sauvage (Map in PDF, 1.04 Mo)
|Anse des Noyés (Map in PDF, 858 Ko)
(Group* and individual camping)
In the Anse des Noyés, on Île du Havre, two group campgrounds are designed for schools or other organized groups. Each campsite can hold up to 25 people and is equipped with three tent pads. Camping groups are provided with the basic services, but may also use a specially designed picnic shelter. Please note that Île du Havre’s group camping A can only be reserved by calling one of our visitor centres at 418-538-3285 or at 418-949-2126.
Quarry Island also offers the possibility to spend the night in an all equiped oTENTik tent.
Moreover, you can spend the night in an Ôasis on Île du Havre.
Equipment and facilities
Each campsite comes equipped with:
- a tent pad
- a picnic table
- a fireplace.
Nearby you will also find:
- a dry toilet
- a wood shelter and firewood
A kitchen shelter and fire pits may be available on some islands.
What to bring*
In addition to your food, drinks and personal effects, plan to bring the following equipment:
- Tent, mattress, sleeping bags and pillows
- Matches or a lighter
- Drinking water (water on the islands is NOT potable)
- Cooking equipment, dishes and eating utensils
*This list is not exhaustive.
For your convenience and enjoyment, don’t forget:
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Rugged footwear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Hiking trails leaflets (available at the Reception and Interpretation Centre)
- A little axe to make firewood chips
Activities to do in the archipelago
During your stay, you could take advantage of several activities offered in the Mingan Archipelago:
- Interpretation activities
- Wildlife and flora observation
- Sea excursions, sea kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding
- And much more!
Dates of operation
The campgrounds are open from mid-June to mid-September. To know the exact dates of operation or to make a reservation before or after these dates, contact us by phone at 418-538-3285 or by email at email@example.com.
- The islands are only accessible by boat. If you do not own a boat to get there, it is strongly recommended to make an early reservation with local boat operators (transportation fees will apply). See the list of Maritime Transport Services.
- A camping permit is mandatory and ONLY available in our Reception and Interpretation centres in Havre-Saint-Pierre and Longue-Pointe-de-Mingan.
- There is no restaurant services or drinking water on the islands.
- Bring enough food and drinking water for two extra days (2 litres / day / person), maritime conditions may prevent the boat operators to pick you up the day it is supposed to.
- Check-in time: 11:00 a.m.
- Check-out time: 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet period: 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- The site must be cleaned prior to departure
- Camping rules apply.
- Date modified :