Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve
An Ôasis of happiness
Looking for a cool place to stay? You want to live a unique experience, simple, hassle-free, and in some of the most amazing places in Canada? Parks Canada now offers the Ôasis in a few select national parks. The Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve Ôasis is located on Île du Havre and on Grande Île.
Make it a memorable family experience or couple’s getaway in a tear drop-shaped "duplex", with a convertible table/bed on the main level and suspended hammock loft above. Be at the forefront of the Mingan Archipelago's most spectacular landscapes with a roof to shelter you!
Spend the night in one of our six drop of heaven!Visit the fees page
Île du Havre and La Grande Île also offer the possibility to spend the night in frontcountry camping.
Equipment and facilities
To facilitate your stay and allow you to experience nature and the great outdoors in total comfort, the Ôasis accommodation is equipped with the following:
Inside the Ôasis
- A fold-up table with benches which transforms into a bed
- A hammock loft mezzanine were two children under 12 of age or one adult can sleep (less than 180 kg)
- Solar panel lighting
- Propane heating
- Fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide/smoke detector
- Broom and dustpan
- Charging station for small electronic devices (USB port)
- LED rechargeable lantern (USB)
Outside the Ôasis
- Barbecue with side burner (propane included)
- Barbecue brush
- Camping toaster
- Storage unit
- Two camping chairs
- Cooking fireplace
- Picnic table
- Dry toilet
- Shelter with firewood
What to bring*
In addition to your food, drinks and personal effects, plan to bring the following equipment:
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Matches or a lighter
- Drinking water (water on the islands is NOT potable)
- Cooking equipment, dishes and eating utensils
The kit of kitchen supplies is not available for rent in 2022.
*This list is not exhaustive.
For your convenience and enjoyment, don’t forget:
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Rugged footwear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Hiking trails leaflets (available at the Reception and Interpretation Centre)
- A little axe to make firewood chips
Activities to do in the archipelago
During your stay, you could take advantage of several activities offered in the Mingan Archipelago:
- Interpretation activities
- Wildlife and flora observation
- Sea excursions, sea kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding
- And much more!
Dates of operation
The Ôasis accommodations are open from mid-June to mid-September. To know the exact dates of operation or to make a reservation before or after these dates, contact us by phone at 418-538-3285 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The islands are only accessible by boat. If you do not own a boat to get there, it is strongly recommended to make an early reservation with local boat operators (transportation fees will apply). See the list of Maritime Transport Services.
- A camping permit is mandatory and ONLY available in our Reception and Interpretation Centres in Havre-Saint-Pierre and Longue-Pointe-de-Mingan.
- There is no restaurant services or drinking water on the islands.
- Bring enough food and drinking water for two extra days (2 litres / day / person), maritime conditions may prevent the boat operators to pick you up the day it is supposed to.
- Check-in time: 3:00 p.m.
- Check-out time: 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet period: 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Capacity: two adults and two children
- To avoid accidental fires, it is NOT permitted to use candles or other open flamme devices inside the Ôasis.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the Ôasis.
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the Ôasis. Please, cook outdoors at your site.
- The Ôasis must be cleaned prior to departure
- Rules that apply to the other campground sites also apply at the Parks Canada Ôasis.
- Date modified :