Tree planting with 10,000 trees
Rouge National Urban Park
Volunteer organization, 10,000 Trees, is hosting a fall tree planting event at Rouge National Urban Park from Sunday, October 17th to Wednesday October 20th, 2021. We invite you to join in on this opportunity to participate in restoration work at Rouge National Urban Park.
This event will take place in compliance with all public health guidelines.
Tree Planting with 10,000 Trees
Date: Sunday, October 17th to Wednesday, October 20th
Location: 19th Avenue Day-Use Area, Rouge National Urban Park
Advanced registration is required. Planting sessions are 3 hours in length.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Volunteers can register for a 3-hour planting session of their choice.
- There will be two 3-hour planting sessions per day, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon, with sufficient time in between to prepare for the next session.
- Parking and restrooms are available on-site with a 100 metre walk to the planting site.
Parks Canada and 10,000 Trees will ensure that this event abides by all Ontario Public Health guidelines. For reasons of health and safety, only fully vaccinated adults will be permitted to register and participate in this planting with 10,000 Trees.
- Volunteer numbers will be limited to 30 tree planters and 3 planting coaches on site at one time.
- All participants are responsible for answering a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire prior to arrival at the site.
- 10,000 Trees will be responsible for sanitizing shared high-contact surfaces between uses (e.g. shovel handles).
- Volunteers are responsible for complying with applicable public health regulations, protocols, and guidance. This includes maintaining physical distancing and wearing PPE appropriate for working in an outdoor setting.
- Date modified :