Backcountry Camping Tips and Regulations
Fundy National Park
Planning your trip
- Due to a limited number of backcountry sites, it is recommended to reserve prior to arrival. Payment will be requested upon reservation. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. To reserve your backcountry site, please call 1-506-887-6000.
- Each campsite is restricted to a group of four persons.
Before starting your hike
- For safety reasons, all backcountry campers must register with Park staff at the Visitor Reception Centre before proceeding to a site.
- Click here for the Visitor Reception Centre operating hours.
- You must set up camp only at the campsite for which you are registered.
- Please obtain a map of the Park. This map is available in the Fundy Visitor Guide.
Preserve the natural beauty of this area.
- Set up tents only on designated tent pads.
- Please do not strip the bark or boughs from trees.
- Please dispose of waste water in the pit privies.
Pack in-Pack out
- Pack out all garbage.
- Please dispose of garbage in the clear and blue bags provided at registration.
- Please do not dispose of garbage in pit privies. Garbage containers are located at all trail heads.
- For your personal safety, it is incumbent that we know that you have safely completed your journey.
- Prior to leaving the Park, please drop off your camping permit at the Visitor Reception Centre.
- If this is not possible, you must notify us by phone at 1-506-887 6000 and speak to a staff member or leave a message, if after hours. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
We thank you for your cooperation in helping to maintain and preserve Fundy National Park.
Enjoy your trip!
- Date modified :