Custom Guided Hike
Elk Island National Park
Explore Elk Island National Park on foot! Keep your eyes and ears open as you hike with an experienced interpreter who will guide your group along one of the trails in the park to showcase aspects of the habitats, plants, animals, and cultural history of the park unique to your group’s preferences. Programs are customizable to specific curriculum links and group interests.
- To book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees: View cost on fee page; teachers and chaperones are complimentary when visiting for a school program
- Capacity: Two groups maximum per day
- This program has a maximum capacity of 20 people for safety reasons.
- Offered: All year, each program is typically 1 to 2 hours
- Language: Available in English or French
- Audience: This program is suitable for school groups from grades 5 to12 and private groups. Content can easily be tied to many aspects of the Alberta school curriculum for grades 5 to12, badge programs for Scouts and Girl Guides, as well as adult and youth audiences.
- Please ensure that all groups have a fair chance to participate in our programs: give us at least two weeks' notice of any cancellations, so that we may offer the time slot to another group.
- Supervisor to student ratios:
- A minimum of 1 supervisor for every 10 elementary students is required
- A minimum of 1 supervisor for every 15 secondary students is required
How the program works
- The route and duration of this program will be determined based on the group’s preferences, as well as safety and learning outcomes for each group upon booking.
- As the nature of a guided hike will take groups across uneven terrain of varying difficulties, if your group has any mobility constraints, please mention these upon making a booking inquiry so that we can work together to find a suitable solution.
- Date modified :