Motherwell Homestead National Historic Site
Motherwell Homestead depicts the lifestyles and architecture of the early 20th century.
Here you can get a glimpse of the life and career of pioneer farmer and politician, W.R. Motherwell, and his significant influence on the development of scientific agriculture in Western Canada.
Education program 2023
How to book your visit
Thank-you for considering a visit to Motherwell Homestead for your school group.
- Name of program
- Teachers' names (all names if multiple classes plan to visit together)
- School name and contact information
- Number of students and grade level
- Approximate number of adults
- Date (Select your top 2 preferences)
- Language: Request service in English, French, or a mixture of both official languages.
- Special needs: Is there anything we need to be aware of to ensure a smooth visit for your group?
All bookings will be assigned in the order in which they are received. Changes /or cancellations? Contact the site as soon as possible. The site accepts cash, cheque, credit or debit. No invoicing.
Farm it, maybe!
Pick up your wagon at the store, fill it with supplies and venture west. What you choose to take and do will determine if you have what it takes to be a farmer in the 1900’s. Will you end up with a homestead, or have enough supplies to make it through another winter?
Amazing Race Through Time
- Do you have what it takes to be a settler? Stop by the Land Titles Office, pick up your survival items and head out. Will you work hard and smart enough to own your own piece of the west? Take a ride on a wagon, check out the animals, and travel back in time to the early 1900’s through a challenge based program that will engage everyone and leave you wondering what if?? The outcome is up to you!
Other ways to discover Motherwell Homestead
If you want to spend additional time onsite after your tour, please inquire about our teacher-led activities, additional fees apply if booking the self-led option. Alternatively take a stroll to the wetland or spend some time in the play and picnic area.
Friends of the Motherwell Jam Pail Lunches
Call 306.333.2116 to book your lunch today
Rain or shine, snow or mosquitoes, Motherwell Homestead NHS is open and the programs run as scheduled! Please ensure everyone is dressed appropriately for the weather conditions. Total walking time can be up to 45 minutes, tour is approximately 2 hours, if taking the trail so we recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Date modified :