Forillon National Park
Enjoy the wonders of winter at Forillon National Park! Find the perfect trail for cross-country skiing, snowshoe hiking or riding a fat bike.
Explore the majestic Forillon National Park in winter on one of the three beautiful trails that are groomed by a team of volunteers coordinated by our partner, the Centre culturel le Griffon.
La Vallée Trail
Treat yourself to a moderate cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or biking excursion with fairly flat terrain that is sheltered from the wind. Walk along the L'Anse-au-Griffon River to reach the Le Portage (by ski and snowshoe only). Take a break halfway in the picturesque Répit-Nord shelter.
Length: 9.2 km (round trip) by ski or snowshoe or 6.6 km (round trip) by fatbike.
Access: 1 km from Route 132, at L'Anse-au-Griffon
Le Portage Trail
Whether you enjoy cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or winter biking, take a wonderful excursion that could bring you across the park from the north side to the south side. The trail runs along a wooded area to the south and opens onto fields further north.
Length: 20 km (round trip)
Access:0.5 km from Route 132, near Penouille or 1 km from Route 132, at L'Anse-au-Griffon
La Grande Cavée Trail
Are you an experienced skier who is up for a challenge? Explore this steep trail lined with white pines and impressive oaks that leads to the heart of the park. Keep an eye out for sharp turns... This trail is also frequented by snowshoers.
Length: 3.8 km (loop)
Access: 4 km from the Le Portage parking lot (South acces) or 5.2 km from the La Vallée parking lot (North acces)
Conditions of maintained trails
For cross-country skiing conditions, follow the Ski Forillon Facebook page.
A season ticket is $80 for one person, 40$ for 12-17 years old and $170 for the whole family; an individual daily ticket is $8.
Tickets can be purchased at the following points of service:
- The Café de l'Anse (L'Anse-au-Griffon)
- The Bilodeau convenience store (L'Anse-au-Griffon)
- Petite École de Forillon (Cap-aux-Os)
- The Mike Pétro gas station (St-Majorique)
- Nolin Vélo (Gaspé)
The Centre culturel le Griffon rents out snowshoes for free and offers a fat bike rental service.
For more informationNuméro de téléphone : 1-418-892-5679
Open buildings during the winter
- Répit-Nord shelter (La Vallée)
- Chalet at the starting point of La Vallée and Le Portage located at L'Anse-au-Griffon
- Service building at the tip of Penouille
- Service building at Grande-Grave
Off-season access to the park
Although Forillon National Park is not officially in operation from mid-October to the end of May, visitors are still permitted to access it. Many others trails and infrastructures are not maintained, so you are responsible for your own safety. The roads to the North and South sectors are closed.
Cleared parking lots
- Le Portage South parking area, near Penouille
- Penouille parking area
- La Vallée parking area at L'Anse-au-Griffon
- Cap-des-Rosiers Beach parking area
- Parking area at the lookout on route 132 (near Les Crêtes trail)
- An area along Grande-Grève Blvd. (the South sector access road)
- An area along Route 132, North Area (entrance to Le Castor trail)
- Domestic animals are not allowed in shelters or on mechanically traced trails. Elsewhere, dogs are welcomed, but only if they are on a leash.
- Some circuits are shared by snowshoers, skiers and cyclists. Be cautious.
- All Parks Canada regulations will apply year-round.
Code of Conduct
- Please obey the signs on the trails.
- Keep at a reasonable distance from the skier in front of you.
- On down-slopes, wait until the person in front of you has reached the bottom before starting down.
- Move off the trail promptly if you fall or decide to stop.
- Offer your assistance to anyone in trouble.
- Whenever you encounter a snowmobile in the process of grooming a trail, please step off the trail in order to let it through. Your cooperation is appreciated!
In the event of an emergency, call 911.
To reach the park’s public safety unit:Numéro de téléphone : 1-888-762-1422(en tout temps)
- Date modified :