Camping and overnight accommodations
Thousand Islands National Park
2024 reservations launch February 5, 2024 at 8 am EST for inland camping and oTENTiks.
Is there anything more quintessentially Canadian than camping? Set up your tent, stoke up your fire, and take in thousands of stars while in the Thousand Islands.
- McDonald Island and Gordon Island oTENTik accommodations
- 28 Reservable campsites
- 32 First-Come, First-Served campsites
Mainland camping (Mallorytown Landing)
- 5 oTENTik roofed accommodations (reservable)
Ready to book your stay with us? Book ahead to avoid disappointment.
Two ways to book:
- Access to the islands is by boat only and campers must arrange their own transportation. See Getting there and Don't have a boat?.
- All vessels must have a valid mooring or beaching permit. These permits are NOT included with camping fees and must be purchased on arrival at the island.
- Self check-in on arrival. Campers will be provided with a registration packet at their reserved site, including permit forms to post their reservation, pay for beaching/mooring and for the purchase of firewood. Post at campsite with either surname or reservation number clearly identified.
- To protect our forests from the Emerald Ash Borer, all firewood MUST be purchased in the park. Firewood cannot be moved into or out of the park. Collecting firewood from the forest is prohibited.
- Potable water is NOT available on park islands.
- Designated shallow water docking for camping users only is available on the following islands: Aubrey, Beau Rivage, McDonald, Camelot, Gordon, Mulcaster, and Georgina. These docks cannot be reserved.
- Campsite check-in 2 pm. Check-out 11 am.
- OTENTik roofed accommodations check-in 3 p.m. Check-out 11 am.
- Facilities vary from island to island so check out our facilities and services chart (PDF, 311 KB) to pick the island that best suits your needs.
For a full list of fees for camping, docking, beaching, and Visitor Centre parking, visit our park fees page.
Learn more about visitor guidelines for your comfort and safety.
- Date modified :