Tours and programs
Kouchibouguac National Park
Kouchibouguac National Park's interpreters are passionate about sharing their knowledge and love for this spectacular place. Get swept away on one of the many adventures they have prepared for you. Activities with interpreters will assist you in finding a more meaningful connection to natural surroundings and a better awareness of the local cultures in this protected area of Canada's heritage.
Programs for September 2022 (subject to change)
- Wigwam Gathering
- Experience a voyage back in time with informative stories of Mi’kmaq occupation at Kouchibouguac National Park.
Offered at Callanders Beach at 10 am on Sundays, September 18 and 25
- Medicine Walk
- Take a stroll with us while discovering medicinal and edible plants present in the bog trail. This bilingual program will be offered rain or shine.
Offered in English only on September 3 (Saturday), 16 (Friday) and 24 (Saturday) at the Bog trail at 10 am
- For the Love of Lichen
- Come learn about these little known species in such abundance among the kings of our forest.
Offered at the Pines trail at 3 pm on Fridays, September 16, 23 and 30.
- Guided bird walk ("A Flock of Feathers")
- Ever wondered what’s all the fuss about birds? Find out for yourself why it is one of the fastest-growing hobbies in North America!
Kellys Beach at 2 pm on Sundays, September 18 and 25.
- Let’s get movin’ in Kouchibouguac
- Fun outside games and physical activities. At the Event Tent in the South Kouchibouguac campground.
Sunday, September 11 at the event tent (South Kouchibouguac campground) at 10 am
- Geocaching 101
- Come discover this modern treasure hunt. Approximately half-hour workshop then we go find a cache.
Friday, September 23 at 10 am
- Pyjama Bingo
- Join us for board games and a bingo. Prizes to win!
Fridays September 16 and 30 at the event tent (South Kouchibouguac campground) at 6:30 pm
- Insect program
- Some fly, some jump, some crawl, some bite and some sting! What are these strange critters? Discover the fascinating world of insects and their vital role at the park.
Sunday, September 4 at 10 am and Saturday, September 17 at 3 pm at Shelter F (South Kouchibouguac campground)
Step-on guide services
Motorcoach groups, organized groups or families may request a park interpreter for a better understanding of their tour to a specific trail or facility of their choice.
Make your reservation at least 3 days in advance by calling 506‑876‑2443. Available on certain days only.
There is a fee for this service.
- Date modified :