Yoho National Park
Backcountry permit bookings:
- Reservation launch: March 22, 2023 at 8 am MT
- Online 24/7
- By calling: 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783)
Backcountry reservations for designated campgrounds in Yoho National Park can be made through the Parks Canada Reservation Service.
Quick facts about the backcountry reservation system:
- To make a reservation, visit reservation.pc.gc.ca or call 1-877-737-3783.
- Reservations or same day permits may also be available at a Parks Canada Visitor Centre.
- A non-refundable reservation fee applies.
- Demand is highest in July and August, book early to avoid disappointment.
- Reservations for overnight stays in the backcountry that are not entirely at designated campgrounds must still be made by contacting a Parks Canada Visitor Centre. (This includes but is not limited to bivouacking, Alpine Canada huts, and nights outside the national park boundaries)
- Maximum group size is 10 people, including guides and leaders.
For backcountry campground trip counselling and general information, not available online, contact or visit the Yoho National Park Visitor Centre (located in the community of Field, BC).
Please note: the Field Visitor Centre is closed during winter. For trip planning during this period, please contact the Lake Louise Visitor Centre team.
A Backcountry Permit is required for overnight trips in the backcountry at any time of year. Your fees support the ongoing maintenance of campgrounds, trails and other backcountry facilities.
Making a reservation in advance, as opposed to same day permits, are recommended to avoid disappointment.
For your convenience, all passes and permits are valid throughout Kootenay, Banff, Yoho and Jasper national parks.
Visit our fees page for pricing.
- Date modified :