Get involved! Developing the Management Plan
Gulf Islands National Park Reserve
Find out which kind of permit or license you need to operate a business, host a special activity, film or photograph, and more.
Learn more about Gulf Islands National Park Reserve’s Management Plan.
Learn more about Gulf Islands National Park Reserve’s Management Plan Cycle.
Learn about the First Nations cooperative planning and management committee.
Find information pertaining to park boundaries and legal description.
A list of official partners that work with Gulf Islands National Park Reserve.
Visitor Information at Gulf Islands National Park Reserve of Canada
What you said…
Summary of public and stakeholder consultations on the draft Management Plan
Between April 20 and June 9, 2013, the public and other stakeholders were invited to provide feedback on the Gulf Islands Reserve Draft Management Plan. Comments received during the consultation period indicated strong support for the overall direction of the park reserve’s management. The following main messages were heard:
- Maintain ecological integrity while increasing visitation.
- Improve intra- and inter-island alternative transportation routes (trails) and infrastructure.
- Improve access for kayaks.
- Develop and expand facilities and programs, especially campgrounds.
- Increase local involvement.
- Develop cross-border collaboration and promotion with the US.
- Address increasing pressure on public safety services.
For the full summary download the latest newsletter.
Engagement with First Nations on the draft management plan is underway and is expected to be completed soon. The management plan will be finalised and sent for approval to the CEO of Parks Canada and the Minister of Environment. The document will then be tabled in Parliament.
Contact us to subscribe to the management planning email list to receive newsletters and updates about management planning in the national park reserve.
- Date modified :