Manoir Papineau National Historic Site
Parks Canada administers sites that are a source of pride for all Canadians. By following a few rules, you are helping to preserve cultural and natural treasures for future generations.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
1. Activity restrictions and special events
Check with the Manoir Papineau National Historic Site before engaging in non-traditional, unusual or commercial activities.
2. Area closures and restrictions
Area closures and restrictions are sometimes needed to protect natural or cultural resources or for visitor safety reasons. Closures are enforceable by law.
- In the manor, the main floor shows you an impressive collection of original Papineau’s objects. To preserve this heritage, it is important to respect the Parks Canada staff’s rules during the visit. By avoiding touching objects or sitting on the furniture, you help to protect a part of our story.
- Digging is not allowed on the entire site.
Camping in all its forms (including sleeping in a vehicle) is banned on the site and in the parking lot unless special permission is granted for an event.
5. Cannabis, smoking and vaping
- Smoking or the use of an electronic cigarette is prohibited on the ferry, in the fortification and within 9 metres of any open doors or windows or air intakes that are connected to an enclosed area.
- The use of cannabis is not permitted at Manoir Papineau National Historic Site. For more information on the regulation of cannabis in Parks Canada sites, please visit: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/voyage-travel/regles-rules/cannabis.
6. Fires and barbecues
You are not permitted to light a fire or use fireworks at Manoir Papineau National Historic Site. Barbecuing is not allowed on the site.
Never dispose of your waste anywhere other than in the trash cans. Good times at the national historic sites are safer and more rewarding when you leave no trace of your visit. A rule of thumb is to leave no trace of having been present.
8. Motor vehicles
Motor vehicles are prohibited on the trails and on the site, except for authorized vehicles. Scooters are considered motor vehicles and are not permitted on trails or in areas closed to vehicular traffic.
9. Pets and service animals
- Dogs on a leash are allowed in the park.
- Service animals are welcome, in the company of their handlers. Please keep service animals on a leash or harness during your visit.
10. Videos, filming and using drones
- If you wish to film or take commercial photos at Manoir Papineau National Historic Site, you must communicate directly with us to get more information on required permits and related fees.
- For filming that does not require special access or affect normal site operations, a simple declaration must be filled. For more information, visit A guide to film/photo shoots at Parks Canada.We also recommend you to take notice of the filming suggested best practices.
- Furthermore, please note the recreational use of drones is forbidden on Parks Canada sites. If you don’t have a permit or special permission to fly your drone on a Parks Canada site, please leave your drone at home. Learn more about drone usage rules.
11. Wildlife and flora
- You are not allowed to entice, pet or attempt to pet, harass, or feed wild animals.
- Stay on the trails to preserve the surrounding flora.
Breaking the law in a National Park or National Historic Site can result in consequences including evictions or tickets, or in more serious cases, court appearances and/or large fines.
For more details, call us at 819-423-6965.
- Date modified :