Your home away from home, surrounded by nature
Live life without corners in a circular yurt! This traditional dwelling of Central Asian nomads is just right for a night of camping with a dash of homelike comfort.
A detailed list of features is available when you make a reservation or on the website of your destination.
- Sleeps 4 to 5 people: 3 mattresses (single/double)
- Heating (wood stove, propane or electric)
- Lighting (skylight or solar)
- Rustic furniture including table and chairs
Your site may also include
- Kitchen shelter
- Picnic table
- Fire pit
How much does it cost?
What should you bring?
- Bedding and pillow
- Flashlight, lantern or headlamp
- Personal gear: clothing, accessories, toiletries and slippers or indoor shoes
- Personal safety items: whistle, first aid kit, sunscreen and bug repellant
- Kitchen gear (pots, dishes, utensils, etc.)—ask if this is included when you make a reservation
- Food and drinks, reusable water bottles, etc.
- Entertainment items (i.e. binoculars, books, cards or sporting equipment, etc.)
- Other (matches or lighter, rope, etc.)
- Cooking may only be done in cook shelters or outside.
- All food should be stored inside vehicles or in wildlife-proof lockers
- Be aware of any restrictions your location may have.
- Buy and burn local firewood, not deadfall or surrounding trees.
- Respect nature: leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but pictures.
- Please be respectful and maintain reasonable noise levels.
- Please leave your accommodation and site as tidy as, or tidier than, you found it.
- Smoking is not permitted inside.
- Check with your location or in the Parks Canada Reservation Service for complete details and guidelines.
- Date modified :