Pukaskwa National Park
The oTENTik tent offers a unique blend of homey comfort and a taste of outdoor adventure. It’s a unique concept for visitors to enjoy camping with the comfort of a bed and a campsite already set up and ready to go. Each unit includes three beds and can accommodate up to six people.
A cross between a tent and a rustic cabin, an oTENTik at Pukaskwa National Park is the perfect way for families, friends and couples of all ages to discover the joys of camping without all the muss and fuss.
Call 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783)
Outside of North America: (519) 826-5391
If you would like more general information, please call the Parks Canada national information line at 1-888-773-8888.
oTENTiks at Pukaskwa National Park
Inside each oTENTik
- Sleeping area for up to 6 people - three sleeping platforms with 1 queen sized mattress and 2 double mattresses
- A table and seating for 6 people
- A battery powered lamp is provided for your use and you may use your own flashlights
- Electricity and a wood stove
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Broom and dustpan
- Please note: there is no plumbing inside the tents
On each campsite
- Front deck
- Fire pit
- Picnic table
- Food locker
- Camping chairs
- Easy access to potable water and toilets
- Vehicle parking
- Hattie Cove Visitor Centre, a hub for park programs
What to bring (this list is not exhaustive)
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Food, drinks, and a water container
- Cooking equipment, dishes, eating utensils and a cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes
- Matches or a lighter for lighting the outdoor fire pit
General accommodation information
- Reservable period (nights):
- May 15, 2020 to October 14, 2020.
- Reservable percentage:
- 5 oTENTik sites available
- 100% reservable
- After hours registration:
- Self-registration outside of Kiosk hours is available.
- Check in time:
- Any time after 3:00 p.m.
- Visitors who would like to arrive at the campground earlier may enjoy the rest of the park while waiting for their campsite to become vacant (a valid national park entry pass is required).
- Check out time:
- Before 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet hours:
- Between 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Minimum length of stay:
- 2 night minimum at all times
- Maximum length of stay:
- 13 nights
- Maximum persons per site:
- 6 people
- Maximum vehicles per accommodation:
- oTENTik sites are walk-in only. Visitors may park their vehicle in the Visitor Center parking lot. Carts are provided to transport camping equipment to your site.
- Extra camping units allowed beside the accommodation:
- No additional camping units are allowed. Sun/Bug shelters permitted on-site.
- Cooking / food preparation:
- No Cooking Allowed Inside of Unit
- Fire policy:
- A fire is only permitted in the firepit on site or in the wood stove.
- Pukaskwa National Park follows local fire regulations. Fires may be banned periodically for safety reasons
- Alcohol policy:
- Alcoholic beverages can only be consumed on the site registered in your name. Alcohol bans may be in effect during your visit. Please see website for additional information.
- Pet policy:
- Pets are welcome at the oTENTik site, but must be kept on a leash at all times and are not to be left unattended.
- Other use policy:
- Smoking is not permitted within the oTENTik unit
- Damage deposit will be charged if oTENTik is damaged - cost will be dependent on state of oTENTik
- For information regarding camping fees for Pukaskwa National Park please see our Fees page.
If there is no vacancy for Your Dates
Pukaskwa National Park does not have oTENTik sites available on a first come first served basis. If there are no accommodations available for the dates selected, you can either select different dates or amend your trip plan accordingly.
Require additional information?
Reservation service (for accommodation and backcountry camping):
- 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783) 8 am to 6 pm local park time or www.reservation.pc.gc.ca
General park information:
- 1-888-773-8888 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, April to September, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time, October to March) or email@example.com
- Date modified :