Visitor Safety / Regulations
Tuktut Nogait National Park
Summary of Park Regulations
© Parks Canada / L. Leong
- All visitors must register and de-register.
- All visitors must obtain and carry with them a Northern Park Backcountry Excursion / Camping Permit.
- All aircraft landing in the park must be in possession of an Aircraft Landing Permit.
- All visitors fishing in a national park must carry their own National Park Fishing Permit and comply with the relevant superintendent's orders.
- All commercial operators conducting business in the park must have a valid National Park Business License.
- Anyone wishing to cache food, must comply with the related superintendent's order.
- Anyone wishing to conduct commercial photography, fuel caching or military exercises must comply with the related superintendent's order.
- Anyone wishing to conduct research and or collect items from the national park must comply with the related superintendent's order.
- Campfires are not permitted in the national park.
- Visitors are not permitted to carry firearms within the national park.
- Visitors must keep pets on leashes at all times.
Tuktut Nogait National Park is bordered on the north and west by privately-owned Inuvialuit lands. Visitors entering the park overland from the north or the west must cross these lands. Visitors crossing Inuvialuit lands are welcomed by the Inuvialuit, provided that they treat the lands with respect, that there is no damage to the lands, and that they do not interfere with Inuvialuit use and peaceful enjoyment of the lands.
Visitors intending to cross Inuvialuit lands are asked to contact the Inuvialuit Land Administration (ILA) prior to crossing, to learn of any limitations on access, and for visitors' own safety. Visitors planning to fish on Inuvialuit lands must first register with the Paulatuk Hunters and Trappers Committee (PHTC).
The addresses and telephone numbers of these organizations are as follows:
Inuvialuit Land Administration
P.O. Box 290
Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories
Tel: (867) 977-7100
Fax: (867) 977-7101
Paulatuk Hunters and Trappers Committee
P.O. Box 39
Paulatuk, Northwest Territories
Tel: (867) 580-3004
Fax: (867) 580-3404
- Date modified :