Kouchibouguac National Park
Know before you go! Plan your travel route, check the weather forecast, and know the terrain and conditions before leaving.
Leave a Plan — Always tell someone you know where you’re going, who you’re going with, what equipment you’re bringing, which routes you’re taking and when you plan on coming back. In case of an emergency, this will help Search and Rescue teams find you faster.
Take the Essentials
No matter the length of your excursion and no matter the season, always carry the following survival items with you (preferably in a Dry Bag).
- Extra clothing
- Navigation / Communication devices
- Extra Food and Water (i.e. 1 litre/person)
- First Aid Kit
- Pocket Knife
- Sun Protection
- Flashlight + Spare Batteries
- Fire-Making Kit
- Signaling Device (i.e. whistle or mirror)
- Emergency Shelter (i.e. orange tarp or blanket)
- Date modified :