Wapusk National Park
Canada’s network of protected areas plays an important role in helping to fight and mitigate the impacts of climate change. It protects and restores healthy, resilient ecosystems and contributes to the recovery of species at risk.
Parks Canada places are part of a nature-based solution for climate change, by:
- Conserving biodiversity, and providing refuge and migration routes for native wildlife species;
- Protecting our lands and oceans, which act as carbon sinks, absorbing emissions that heat our planet;
- Working with partners to connect and restore landscapes and seascapes;
- Supporting healthy communities, and inspiring a new generation of conservationist; and,
- Building an understanding of the impacts our ecosystems face, to develop responsible solutions.
- Date modified :