Permits and licenses

Ukkusiksalik National Park

Permits and/or licenses are required in Ukkusiksalik National Park for:

  • operating a business (guiding, outfitting)
  • commercial filming and photography
  • operating a drone
  • conducting research
  • landing an aircraft
  • establishing a cache or base camp
  • transporting a firearm through the park (not applicable to Nunavut Inuit)

Permits and licenses must be acquired through Parks Canada well in advance of your trip. Some applications may take 90 days or more to be processed. Research permits are only issued in winter or spring. Call us at 867-899-8092 or send an email to for more information.

If you plan to travel on Inuit-owned land, you must contact the Kivalliq Inuit Association to obtain permission.

Related links

Date modified :