Park passes for expropriated landowners

Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site

Parks Canada has a special access pass for people whose lands were expropriated during the creation of national parks or national historic sites and their descendants. This pass allows holders to enter for free to visit places of personal or family significance. Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site has landowners whose lands were expropriated during the 1960s. The pass was introduced for Kejimkujik in the spring of 2014.

Property owners whose lands were expropriated during the creation of Kejimkujik National Park, their children, grandchildren and spouses will be able to obtain a pass so that they can revisit the places that are dear to them, which are, today, within the park.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a request?

Your application must include the following: the Pass Application duly completed and signed, a copy of your birth (or baptismal) certificate, and a photo ID (e.g. driver's license) in order to prove your identity.

The Pass Application form is available here: Pass Application (PDF - 131 KB) or a printed form can be obtained at the Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site Visitor Reception Centre.

Each eligible person is responsible for submitting their own application for a pass. For applicants under 18 years old, the pass application can be submitted by a parent or legal guardian.

The pass program applies to the original property owners as well as their children and grand children (three generations). The notion of family also includes the spouses of the three generations and dependent children to the age of 18.

The pass is valid for one national park or national historic site, that is, the one whose creation gave rise to the expropriation of the applicant and his/her family.

The completed form can be mailed, dropped off in person, or submitted by fax or email

How does this pass for Kejimkujik work?

This pass will be issued to any eligible person who applies for one. It is a personal non-transferable pass that will be renewable in 2025.

What if I still have questions?

For more information on the procedure to follow to obtain a pass, please contact us. We will be pleased to answer your questions. 

Date modified :