Passes and permits
Riding Mountain National Park
Riding Mountain National Park entry and service fees help support visitor services and facilities. This means that every time you visit, you are investing in the park — and in a legacy for future generations.
What is a park pass?
Where do my park pass fees go?
What pass options are available?
Who needs to purchase a park pass?
How much does a park pass cost?
Where can I buy a fishing permit and Park Pass outside of Riding Mountain National Park?
Business licences and other permits
A Park Pass is a permit to visit a national park. Park pass fees help pay for scenic parkways, day use areas, trails, public safety, education and information services. Fees remain in the national park or national historic site where they are collected.
All revenues from Park Passes remain in the location in which they are collected and help maintain the places and services that national and international visitors use most – including scenic parkways, day use areas, trails and public safety, education and information services.
Canadian tax dollars help Parks Canada create, maintain and restore National Parks, National Historic Sites and National Marine Conservation Areas. Parks Canada tries to ensure good value for visitors and fair economic return for taxpayers while upholding its mandate.
- Valid until 1:00 pm on the day after purchase
- Can be purchased on site
Annual Discovery Passes
- Valid for a full year from until the end of calendar month from date purchased
- Provide entry into more than 100 National Parks, National Marine Conservation Areas and National Historic Sites
- Can be purchased on site or online
Purchase a pass if:
- You are spending time in a national park (e.g. road trips, camping, backcountry adventures, visits to picnic sites and viewpoints, stops in towns and villages)
Do not purchase a pass if:
- You are travelling through the parks without stopping – except on scenic parkways. Please check your speed.
Daily Park Passes and Annual Discovery Passes are available for adults, seniors, youth, and families or groups. Special daily rates are also available for commercial and school groups. Complete list of fees
- Mountain View Esso (Passes and fishing permits)
1474 Main St. S.
Dauphin MB R7N 1M8
Five & Fifty Tempo (Passes and fishing permits)
300 Mountainview Dr.
McCreary MB R0J 1B0
Friends of the RMNP (Passes and fishing permits)
154 Columbine St.
Elkhorn Resort (Passes and fishing permits)
CAA Manitoba (Passes)
870 Empress St.
501 St. Anne’s Rd
1555 Regent Ave W
305 18th St N
BY PHONE OR ONLINE (Annual Discovery Pass only):
Call 1-888-773-8888 to purchase your Annual Discovery Pass by phone. You can also purchase your pass online. Please allow 5-10 business days for delivery in Canada and in the USA. Passes will be mailed out the following business day.
- Date modified :