Pacific Rim National Park Reserve
BEAR IN AREA WARNING - Long Beach, Combers Beach, and Green Point Campground
Issued: August 06, 2022
Ends: October 16, 2022
WHY: To reduce the probability of negative human-bear encounters.
Stay safe and avoid a bear encounter by:
• Hiking in a group, and making noise.
• Do not leave food or garbage unattended.
• Staying alert and watching for signs such as tracks and droppings.
Keep children close and dogs on leash at all times
If you encounter a bear, remember:
• Stay calm. Give the bear space. Do not make eye contact. Back away slowly and talk in a calm voice.
• DO NOT get in between a sow (mother bear) and her cubs (young). Any time a cub is observed, assume the sow is close by.
• DO NOT drop objects, clothing or food to distract the bear, as this will reward the bear for its behavior.
• DO NOT RUN!
REPORT ALL SIGHTINGS TO PARK STAFF
- Date modified :