Kootenay National Park
Smoking/Vaping of Cannabis and Tobacco - Radium Hot Springs pools
Issued: November 01, 2018
Smoking/Vaping of Cannabis and Tobacco
What: Pursuant to Section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the following activities are prohibited by order of the Superintendent:
- Smoking or Vaping of Cannabis
- Smoking or Vaping of Tobacco
Where: Radium Hot Springs pools
The closure area encompasses the entire Hot springs site and begins at all access points to the Hot Springs property which are as follows:
- Pedestrian tunnel access from large parking lot on North side of Highway 93.
- Pedestrian ramp and stair access from the small parking lot on the South side of Highway 93.
- Pedestrian sidewalk and bus drop off area access on the South side of Highway 93.
- Pedestrian footpath access from the large overflow parking lot located to the East of the pool.
- Red Streak trail access via the pedestrian bridge to the South of the pool.
Why: To reduce visitor safety risk, to promote a quality visitor experience and enhance the safety and enjoyment of all public areas at the hot pools.
Note: Violators may be charged under the Canada National Parks Act.
Start date: 2018-10-17
End date: Until further notice
Superintendent, Lake Louise Yoho Kootenay Field Unit
- Date modified :