Banff National Park
RESTRICTED ACTIVITY: Smoking / Vaping of Cannabis and Tobacco
Issued: March 20, 2020
Smoking/Vaping of Cannabis and Tobacco
Pursuant to Section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the following activities are prohibited by order of the Superintendent:
- Smoking or vaping of Cannabis
- Smoking or vaping of Tobacco
Banff Upper Hot Springs Pool
The closure area encompasses the entire hot springs site and begins at all access points to the hot springs' property which are as follows:
- The road, sidewalk and walkway that accesses the site from the large parking lot to the south.
- The pathway that accesses the site from the bus stop area on Mountain Ave.
- The closure extends to the north of the caretaker's cottage.
- On the east it extends all the way down to Mountain Ave.
- On the west in extends above the bathhouse, above the cistern and along the Tufa cliffs that overlook the access road before connecting with the Sulphur Mountain Trail.
WHY: To reduce visitor safety risk, to promote a quality visitor experience and enhance the safety and enjoyment of all public areas at the hot pools.
NOTE: Violators may be charged under the Canada National Parks Act.
START DATE: 2018-10-17
END DATE: Until further notice
Superintendent, Lake Louise Yoho Kootenay Field
For more information: parkscanada.ca/cannabis
- Date modified :