Grosse Île and the Irish Memorial National Historic Site
Please note that there is information on this page that may have temporarily changed. For the most up to date regulations and guidelines regarding your visit to Grosse Île this year, please visit our COVID-19 page
For an enjoyable visit...
- Make sure your visit is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible by bringing warm clothing, walking shoes, and rain gear if necessary.
- We suggest you research local weather forecasts and the level of difficulty of island activities before leaving. The site may have to close, especially in May and October, due to bad weather.
- Pay attention to rules, fences, barriers, and signs indicating prohibited areas.
- The length of visit varies according to the package offered by the ferry service. We recommend that you plan on spending a minimum of four hours at the site.
- Refreshments and snacks are available for purchase on site. A dining room and picnic tables are also provided. There are no full meal services so we suggest that you pack a lunch or pre-order your lunch from Les Croisières Lachance if travelling by boat to the island.
- A Gift Shop is also available on site and offers a varied selection of souvenirs, crafts and books. It is located in the Third-Class Hotel.
You can also consult our Frequently Asked Questions section for more details.
- Date modified :