Learn-to Camp at Grosse Île National Historic Site
Grosse Île and the Irish Memorial National Historic Site
In the environment of an island in the St. Lawrence that welcomed tens of thousands of immigrants between 1832 and 1937, experience the first Grosse-Île Learn-to Camp!
The Parks Canada team invites you to sleep under the stars in the hotels area. Parks Canada’s Scouting Guides will provide you with a memorable experience as you participate in a variety of outdoor learning activities and workshops.
On the agenda:
- Learn-to camp activity briefing and discussion
- Campfire and marshmallows
- Workshop on camping
- And more!
- Tent and sleeping pads
- Dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday
- All scheduled workshops and activities
- Entrance and camping fees
- Sleeping Bags (sleeping bags are NOT provided. Please ensure you have one for each member of your group).
- Flash light
- Suitable, comfortable clothing for the outdoors : comfortable shoes, a variety of clothes depending on the weather (remember that it can be cool at night so bring a variety of clothing so that you will be able to layer for warmth)
- Toys and books for the kids
- Bug spray
- Water bottles
- A hat to protect you from the sun
- Personal toiletries
- Any personal medication
- Items for young children (bottles, diapers, etc.)
- Your health card
Activities shown in this video may vary depending on the location.
Join us for #LearntoCamp!
- Date modified :