COVID-19 and your visit to the Fortifications of Québec National Historic Site
Fortifications of Québec National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to the Fortifications of Québec National Historic Site
Your visit may be different this year; please plan ahead.
Note that services are limited to protect the health and safety of visitors and employees.
Before you travel, please read carefully the section below on your safety while visiting. We welcome your support toward a safe and respectful visit.
Anyone planning to visit Fortifications of Québec National Historic Site is advised to regularly consult this site and the links below for updates and information.
What’s open (updated March 9, 2022)
- Dufferin Terrace, Governors’ Promenade, Governors’ Garden
- 4.6 km path along the fortifications, including access to the St. Louis, Kent and St. John Gates, as well as Esplanade Park
- Exterior of Artillery Park
What’s closed (updated March 9, 2022)
Your safety when visiting
- Parks Canada is asking visitors to comply with recommendations from Quebec public health authorities by wearing a mask in indoor public spaces, and by respecting recommended social distancing measures at all times.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres between you and others.
- Experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms? We ask that you postpone your visit if you are sick or if you were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Safety is a shared responsibility. Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands frequently and avoiding touching your face. Use hand sanitizer when in public spaces where you must touch surfaces.
- Plan ahead and bring hygiene products (hand sanitizer, wipes) with you.
- Please note that outdoor surfaces are not sanitized.
- Leave no trace when you visit outdoor spaces. Dispose of waste by using appropriate garbage containers or taking your waste home. For more information, consult the Leave No Trace Canada program.
- Visitor Guidelines
- Date modified :