Plan your visit
Queenston Heights National Historic Site
Just 10 km from Niagara Falls, Queenston Heights is an important historic site for all Canadians. Plan to spend at least an hour with costumed guides as they tell stories about that fateful October day in 1812 – the scene of one of the most famous battles in Canadian history. The climb to the top of Brock’s Monument only takes minutes and offers a must-see view of the surrounding battlefield, parklands, and the mighty Niagara River.
14184 Niagara River Pky
Niagara-on-the-Lake ON L0S 1J0
Directions from (QEW) Niagara:
- Keep left at the fork to continue on ON-405, follow signs for Queenston Lewiston U.S.A.
- Take the Stanley Avenue/Regional Road 102 exit toward Niagara Falls/Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Turn left onto Stanley Ave/Regional Rd 102 (signs for Niagara Pkwy/Niagara-on-the-Lake).
- Slight right onto Portage Rd/Regional Rd 61 (signs for Portage Road/Niagara Parkway/Queenston/Niagara on the Lake).
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit].
Directions from USA:
- I-190 N to Queenston/Lewiston Bridge.
- Cross border at Queenston/Lewiston Bridge.
- Continue onto ON-405W.
- Take the exit toward Niagara Town Line/Stamford Townline Rd/Regional Rd 61.
- Turn right onto Niagara Town Line/Stamford Townline Rd/Regional Rd 61.
- (signs for Regional Road 102/Stanley Avenue/Portage Road/Niagara parkway/Niagara Falls/Niagara-On-The-Lake) Continue to follow Regional Rd 61.
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit.
By other means
The Niagara Parks Commission offers WeGo bus transportation within Niagara Parks from north to south, with access to Queenston Heights. Visit the Niagara Parks Commission website for details.
Niagara District Airport, Hamilton International Airport, Buffalo International Airport.
Facilities and services
- Date modified :