Plan your visit
HMCS Haida National Historic Site
HMCS Haida National Historic Site is located at Pier 9 near Bayfront Park in Hamilton, Ontario. Less than 75km from Toronto and Niagara Falls, HMCS Haida is an easy day trip from the GTA and the Niagara region.
What you need to know before visiting HMCS Haida National Historic Site including accessibility, what to wear and bring, parking, and more.
Hours of operation
Daily hours of operation, and seasonal opening & closing dates at HMCS Haida National Historic Site in Hamilton.
Download the HMCS Haida visitor’s guide brochure in English, French, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Arabic, Polish, and Persian.
Shop the great selection of T-shirts, hats, pins, mugs, books, and more at the gift shop operated by the Friends of HMCS Haida.
Local attractions and tourism
Find information on community services and local tourism information.
Prices of admissions to HMCS Haida in Hamilton including: daily admissions, seasonal passes, Parks Canada Discovery Passes, and more.
How to get here
Pier 9-658 Catharine St N
Hamilton ON L8L 8K4
If arriving from Toronto or the Niagara Peninsula:
- Take the QEW and Exit at Burlington Street once you are in Hamilton.
- Travel past the Stelco industrial complex.
- Wellington Street is the signpost that John Street will be coming up soon.
- Turn Right at John Street and follow it until it ends at Guise Street.
- Turn Right at Guise to Catharine St.
- Turn Left at Catharine and then right at the entrance on Pier 9.
If arriving from points north, south or west of Hamilton via Highway 403:
- Follow Highway 403 to the Main Street East exit.
- Proceed east on Main Street to the downtown core.
- James Street is the signpost to tell you John Street is coming up soon.
- Turn Left at John and follow it until it ends at Guise Street.
- Turn Right at Guise to Catharine Street.
- Turn Left at Catharine and then right at entrance on Pier 9.
By other means:
GO Transit has daily train services to both Hamilton GO Centre and West Harbour GO stations via the Lakeshore West Line. Service extends from Toronto’s Union Station making serval stops in the GTA before arriving in Hamilton. Visit GO Transit’s website for more information.
- From Hamilton GO Centre:
- Bus: Route 20 runs from the John opposite Hamilton Go Centre stop to the Guise at John stop or Haida and Pier 8 stop. From there it is a 300 metre walk to site entrance at Haida Ave and Catherine Street North.
- From West Harbour GO:
- Bus: Route 20 runs from the James opposite West Harbour stop to the Guise at John stop or Haida and Pier 8 stop. From there it is a 300 metre walk to the site entrance at Haida Ave and Catherine Street North.
- Walking: HMCS Haida National Historic Site is a 20-minute or 1.5 km walk from The West Habour GO Station, heading north on James Street, then right on Guise Street, and left on Catherine Street North.
Via Rail has regular train service to Hamilton, via Windsor, London, Toronto and Niagara Falls. Some stations will require transfer. Visit the Via Rail website.
John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport, Toronto Pearson International Airport
Facilities and services
- Date modified :