Carrying Place of the Bay of Quinte National Historic Site
Carrying Place of the Bay of Quinte National Historic Site is located on the isthmus at the west end of the Bay of Quinte on Lake Ontario. The site, at the intersection of the Trenton and Carrying Place roads, marks the location where Sir John Johnson and the Chiefs of the Mississauga negotiated a treaty in 1787. The site is comprised of a small plot of land owned by Parks Canada containing a solitary Historic Sites and Monuments Board cairn and plaque. Official recognition refers to the property owned by Parks Canada.
- Date modified :