Safety and guidelines
Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site
We rarely head out for an adventure with the expectation that something will go wrong, and most times everything will go right. But sometimes the unexpected happens. You can reduce the impact of an unfortunate circumstance by being well informed and well prepared.
For important information about safety while enjoying Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site, explore the topics below.
For general information on how to stay safe when enjoying the outdoors, visit AdventureSmart.ca.
Safety is everyone's responsibility. At Parks Canada, we do our part to make sure you can have a safe visit by assessing the risks, managing hazards, and making sure that safety information is freely available to everyone. You can do your part by seeking out the information you need to stay safe and make well informed decisions while enjoying these special places. Visit our websites and stop at a visitor centre for the most up to date information. Make sure you are fully prepared for whatever activities you choose to participate in so you can have a safe, enjoyable and memorable visit.
Parks Canada 24 Hour Emergency Dispatch
Phone number: 1-780-852-3100 (can be dialled from a satellite phone)
Phone number: 1-877-852-3100 (toll free)
- Emergency: Phone number: 911
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP): Phone number: 204-675-8821
- Ambulance: Phone number: 204-675-8880 (24 hour)
- Hospital: Phone number: 204-675-8300 (24 hour)
- Manitoba Conservation Polar Bear Alert Program Hotline: Phone number: 204-675-BEAR (204-675-2327)
- Parks Canada - Churchill: Phone number: 204-675-8863 (Monday to Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm)
- Date modified :