National cost-sharing program for heritage places
Information for national cost-sharing program for heritage places applicants
The Guidelines and Application Forms are now available for the next application round. The deadline to submit an application is December 12, 2023 at:
- 6:30 pm Newfoundland Standard Time NST
- 6:00 pm Atlantic Standard Time AST
- 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time EST
- 4:00 pm Central Standard Time CST
- 3:00 pm Mountain Standard Time MST
- 2:00 pm Pacific Standard Time PST
Applicants can contact the Program Office to confirm the designation of heritage places at the federal level, which only include national historic sites, heritage lighthouses, and heritage railway stations. Please note that not all listings on the Canadian Register of Historic Places are eligible, as some places are only designated at the local, municipal or provincial/territorial level(s).
The National Cost-Sharing Program for Heritage Places is open to owners and eligible lessees of national historic sites, heritage lighthouses and heritage railway stations. The Program continues to support the Parks Canada Agency's mandate of protecting and presenting places of national historic significance, and fostering the public's understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of these places in ways that ensure their commemorative integrity for present and future generations.
For 2024-25 please note that:
- Applications must be received by email, or postmarked by 5:00 pm (ET) on December 12, 2023;
- Selected projects must take place between April 1 and December 31, 2024;
- Total funding available under the Program will be up to approximately $2,000,000.
Submitting your application
Please contact the Program Office to obtain an application package by e-mail at email@example.com.
The Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada offer results-oriented guidance for sound decision-making when planning for, intervening on and using historic places.
For more information, please contact the Program Office:
National Cost-Sharing Program for Heritage Places
30 Victoria Street (PC-03-P)
Gatineau, Quebec J8X 0B3
Phone: 1-866-377-1947 (please leave a voicemail)
More information on the delivery of three key Program transactions is available on the Service standards page.
- Date modified :