Pacific Rim National Park Reserve
BEAR IN AREA WARNING - ʔapsčiik t̓ašii Multi-Use Pathway
Issued: July 17, 2023
Ends: October 30, 2023
Stay safe and avoid a bear encounter by:
- Slowing down and making noise. Your speed and quietness puts you at risk for sudden bear encounters.
- Travelling in groups.
- Staying alert, constantly scanning the forest and trail ahead, and not wearing headphones/earbuds.
- Carry bear spray with you at all times on the trail, and know how to use it.
Keep children close and dogs on leash at all times
If you encounter a bear, remember:
- Stay calm. Give the bear space. Back away slowly and talk in a calm voice.
- DO NOT drop objects, clothing or food to distract the bear.
- DO NOT RUN!
REPORT SIGHTINGS & ENCOUNTERS TO PARK STAFF
- Date modified :