Waterton Lakes National Park
WARNING: Bear in area - Cameron Lake Day Use Area
Issued: July 02, 2022
Ends: July 24, 2022
Special caution is recommended while travelling or camping in this area due to the following:
WHAT: Caution – Bear in the area.
WHERE: Akamina Parkway (Little Prairie to Cameron Lake) and Cameron Lake Day Use Area
WHY: A bear has obtained human food. The bear has not been aggressive, but has approached people and attempted to obtain food.
- Do not leave food or garbage unattended.
- Do not approach the bear.
- Keep your vehicle windows fully closed.
- Keep food and smelly items secure in your vehicle.
- Use bear proof garbage can.
- If you see a bear, don’t run. Tells others nearby. Stay together. Take food to vehicle. Move to the safety of your vehicle.
- Carry bear spray and know how to use it.
Call 1-888-927-3367 or notify Parks Canada staff.
- Date modified :