Athabasca River wedding venue
Jasper National Park
Reservations for 2024 will be available November 1, 2023 at 8 am MST
- Use the link provided below to submit your reservation request. We also ask that you refrain from sending multiple requests for the same event to avoid any confusion.
- Facilities available for booking May 1, 2024 – October 14, 2024.
Athabasca River wedding venue reservation request
Use this form to submit a reservation request. A member of our team will reach out to you for further details and to confirm the reservation.
With the Athabasca River and majestic mountain views as your backdrop, the Athabasca River wedding venue is a perfect place for a rustic wedding ceremony. This venue includes a pergola and log bench seating as well as an area for group picnics and gatherings.
Location and parking
The Athabasca Day Use area is located 12 km east of the Jasper townsite on Highway 16, adjacent to the Jasper Airstrip. Upon entering the site, you will notice a private gated entry point. Once you enter the gate and continue along the gravel road towards the Athabasca River (600 m), there is a parking lot on that will accommodate up to 40 vehicles. Beyond that amount a shuttle bus or alternate arrangements are required.
- Wedding arbour with bench seating for 120 people
- 15 picnic tables
- Two charcoal barbeque grills. Users must bring their own charcoal
- Cook shelter with woodstove. The shelter is equipped with outlets and lights. Users that require power need to bring their own power supply (i.e. generator, batteries, etc.)
- Riverside benches
- Large group firepit and firewood supply
- Three outhouses
- Potable water during the summer season
Maximum number of people for this site is 150 people.
Time slots and fees
There are 3 available time slots to accommodate multiple events and ceremonies on the same day.
- Morning: 11 am to 2 pm
- Afternoon: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Evening: 6 pm to midnight
Note: you may book multiple slots if available. For evening bookings, you have until 10:30 am the next day to tear down your site, however you must pack up all food related items before vacating the area at midnight.
- This is a day use only area (no overnight stay or camping).
- Events on site are to conclude by midnight with booking period ending at 10:30 am the following morning to allow for post-event clean up.
- If serving or selling alcohol, users must first obtain a liquor license through any of the local liquor stores.
- All users on site require a valid National Parks Pass.
- There is no electricity on site. Users that require power need to bring their own power supply (i.e. generator, batteries, etc.).
For additional information, please contact: email@example.com
To picture yourself and your group at this spectacular event location, take a look through our photo album.
- Date modified :