Chambly Canal National Historic Site
From January 21 to February 12, 2023, the Parks Canada Learn-to Outdoor Team welcomes you to the parc des Ateliers for a free introduction to cross-country skiing.
Learn-to Cross-Country Ski – For 4-to 12-Year-Olds
Children aged 4 to 12 will be able to discover the joy of cross-country skiing with the Parks Canada Learn-to Outdoor Team. This activity is free and places are limited. Check out the schedule and book now!Book now!
* Parks Canada reserves the right to cancel the event for everyone's safety due to weather conditions. Notice to latecomers: your place will be given away.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- How to choose your equipment
- The basic techniques of cross-country ski
- Cross-country skis
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing.
- Restrooms and picnic tables are available at parc des Ateliers.
- You must bring your own water bottle and snacks.
Schedule - Learn-to Cross-Country Ski
In order to offer learning adapted to the children's abilities, time slots are allocated according to specific age groups.
Saturdays and Sundays from January 21 to February 12
- 4-6 years old: 9:30 a.m.,12:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- 7-9 years old : 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 pm
- 10-12 years old : 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
How to dress for winter activities
For an enjoyable experience, wear appropriate winter clothing for the outdoors and weather conditions. In addition to a winter coat and snow pants, choose wool or polyester clothing. Remember that you will be warm during the activity.
Here are some of the items you should wear:
- Good dry socks (bring an extra pair and change socks before the activity)
- Multi-layered basic clothing
- A neck warmer
- A toque
- Gloves or mittens
- Sunglasses, as needed and depending on the weather
For fat biking, we recommend:
- A hat without a pompom that allows you to put on a bicycle helmet
- Warm boots that are soft and comfortable
- Five-finger gloves to facilitate braking and gear changes
Please note that you can use your own bike helmet for the activity.
- Date modified :