Things to do
HMCS Haida National Historic Site
Discover Canada’s “Fightingest Ship” and the last remaining Tribal-class destroyer in the world.
- Start your visit at the Guard House where you will purchase admission.
- To maintain the safety of staff and visitors, we will be limiting the number of visitors based on public health recommendations.
- Please note: admissions will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- Check our Facebook page for the most up-to-date information.
Tours of the ship
- Visitors can explore HMCS Haida at their own pace and discover the ship through self-guided tours. Ask knowledgeable Parks Canada staff and Friends of HMCS Haida volunteers all of your questions throughout the ship.
- If you’ve watched a film about the Second World War, odds are you’ve seen scenes with staff gathered around a large plotting table, busily moving small ships, planes and markers around a big map as they plan or track a large-scale military operation. Using maps, tokens, and historical photos, the new Battle Maps programs lead visitors through important events in HMCS Haida’s history, from the sinking of German submarine U-971 to how the ship joined the legendary Trainbusters club during the Korean War! Battle Maps programs will be available during all regular operating days at 11 AM and 2 PM and are included in the cost of general admission.
Visit the Gift Shop
- Before you leave, stop by the gift shop which offers unique souvenirs. The gift shop is operated by the Friends of HMCS Haida, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the education of Canadians on the legacy of HMCS Haida.
Do you need more information?
For further information on our special events, regular programs, or seasonal educational programs:
- Date modified :