COVID-19 and your visit to Lower Fort Garry
Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
This location is:
Important information about your visit to Lower Fort Garry
- If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, such as a cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, headache, or any of the symptoms listed in the screening tool, we ask that you refrain from coming to the site, self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19.
- For more information on current COVID-19 public health orders, please visit the Government of Manitoba’s website.
- Before taking a trip to Lower Fort Garry, be sure to complete a COVID-19 screening assessment.
- For information regarding on-site programming, please visit the Things to do page. All on-site experiences meet public health guidelines in regards to COVID-19.
- On-site experiences take place outdoors and are therefore weather dependent. Should you have questions on the availability of experiences, please contact us.
What’s open (updated November 27, 2022)
- The parking lot.
- The Lower Fort Garry grounds.
What’s closed (updated November 27, 2022)
- The historic buildings, restaurant and Visitor Reception Centre at Lower Fort Garry are closed.
Your safety when visiting
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available on-site.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces are implemented.
- Please obey all local COVID-19 health directives.
- Picnic tables and outdoor areas are not being regularly sanitized.
Non-medical masks or face coverings are recommended when visiting indoor public spaces at Lower Fort Garry.An indoor public space is any space with walls and a roof that can be accessed by the members of the public.
Plan your visit
- Date modified :