Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites
Fort Rodd Hill National Historic Site’s overnight camping experience offers a taste of life similar that of the soldiers and their families who were stationed at the fort. Campground hosts provide a welcoming and safe environment for campers who stay in oTENTiks, a cross between an A-frame cabin and a prospector tent.
Who we’re looking for
- You are friendly and outgoing and have your own tent or small RV.
- You enjoy camping, history, nature and sharing your knowledge and stories with others.
- You have first aid training
What you’ll be doing
- Welcoming campers and providing information about site facilities, services, and what to see and do in the area.
- Promoting good camping practices.
- Liaising with staff to help ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
- Light cleaning duties
How you’ll make a difference
- Help to create an unforgettable camping experience by making people feel welcome, safe and connected to Fort Rodd Hill National Historic Site.
- Contribute to new campers’ appreciation and enjoyment of the great outdoors.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to discover Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites and the surrounding area.
- Complimentary beach-front campsite for your tent or small RV (includes electric/water hook-up).
- Meeting new people from across Canada and the world.
- One full time position, 5 days/week until October 9
- Compensation provided
For more information and to apply, email or call 250-478-5849. Leave your name and a daytime contact phone number.
- Date modified :